1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary GTP - Uni of Chester

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ash_dhanda, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hi There
    I have been invited to first stage interviews at Chester on Monday 11th, so so nervous as it's a full day and the format is unlike anything i've ever experienced before - seems so gruelling! We will be required to do the following:
    1 Take a Maths, English and Science test
    2 Take part in a group discussion after watching a video
    3 Two minute presentationc (we've been given some issues to choose from)
    4 Individual interview
    In addition to this we can take a portfolio of work from our classroom experience.
    I'm pleased i'ce made it this far considering the status of Uof Chester but feel so far out of my depth... please can anyone offer any advice to help? Has anyone already done this with Chester yet??
    Thanks

2. Hi

How did you get on? I went to same interview but on the 8th. It was my first experience of gthe GTP interview process and found it gruelling though everyone was really nice.

3. Hi

How did you find the interview? Did anything surprise you?

4. Absolutely gutted, I recevied a voicemail (returning my call) today from Chester to inform me I've not been successful. I always said i wouldn't be upset and just be pleased that they'd considered me in the first place, but I really am so gutted as i don't have many more options.

Oh well, I'll have to try PGCE clearing.... wish me luck!

5. Oh No. Did they give you any feedback ? I thought they said they would do that.Mind you everything seems to be a little later than they anticipated as they had said they would tell us by the 16th didnt they. I am a bit surprised they left you a voicemail !

I think you can start some GTP in January though not sure of application dates. if its any use, Wolverhampton application starts again on sept 1. Dont give up!!!! Plus you did do fantastically they told us on the first interview that over 1000 applied so to get an interview is excellent

Keep ya chin up xxx

6. Hi,
    I have been trying for a long time to get on the GTP and have felt so low and felt like giving it all up. However, today I've just been offered a place with Merseyside and Cheshire and I'm over the moon! It is really competitive and hardwork to get a GTP- but don't give up. Use all your experience from interviews and be positive (I know that isnt easy!)
    Good luck xx