1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary GTP entry tests @ Oakthorpe.....Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by whitexxxwitch, May 4, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me what the GTP entry test are like? Im worried, I want to know what level they are esp maths, eg. gcse?
    Maths is not my strong subject so I would like a heads up into what I should be revising.....ANY help would be much appreciated.....PLEASEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you in advance....:)

2. The entry tests do differ from provider to provider so I couldn't say for sure what will come up for you but mine in Feb were fairly straightforward Maths and English papers.
    They were both 45 minutes and the English was to read a topical article (from TES actually) and then write a discussive essay arguing for or against some of the main points raised. It required a little bit of knowledge on current issues but was straight forward enough to construct an essay around.
    The Maths test was more like a standard test paper (no calculator allowed) and I would say it was pitched at about GSCE level (probably not quite higher, perhaps grade C/B). Lots of fractions and calculations, data handling, shape, angles, bit of trig, equations - stuff like that really. Think some people on my interview day struggled a bit with it but I was just about OK cos Maths is my stronger subject.
    Depending on how long it is since you've written an academic style essay there really isn'y much you can do re. the English paper. As for the Maths, GCSE Bitezize would be a good place to start. Also download a few past GSCE papers and have a crack at those before your interview day. Good luck!

3. My English was similar to the previous poster, but I think my Maths was more straightforward - probably end of KS2 level.

4. hi all
    Has anyone had an interview at oakthorpe, and im worried about my maths too.
    Im ok with maths but i mess up in test situation.

what sort of things came up in your interview please and what level.
    thank you so much if any one can help, as this is my last chancexxx

5. Hi all,
    I have an interview at Oakthorpe primary school for gtp in few weeks and this is the firt step of their selection process It involves English and Maths test. Can anybody give me some advice about these test please? What sort of things they might ask especially for English test.
    HELPPP MEEE PLEASEEE!!

6. Hi,

I have an interview at Oakthorpe primary school for gtp in few weeks and this is the firt step of their selection process It involves English and Maths test. Can you give me some advice about these test please? What sort of things they might ask especially for English test.

HELPPP MEEE PLEASEEE!! I really need your help thanks.