1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary GTP at Derby Uni

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by gossipgirl329, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Hi everyone!
    Has anyone else applied for the Primary GTP through Derby Uni? I have had an email to say I'll hear before the end of December - I'm too nervous and excited to wait that long! Has anyone else heard anything yet? Looks like a fantastic opportunity.
    x

2. Hi everyone!
    Has anyone else applied for the Primary GTP through Derby Uni? I have had an email to say I'll hear before the end of December - I'm too nervous and excited to wait that long! Has anyone else heard anything yet? Looks like a fantastic opportunity.
    x

3. Hi
    Just wondered if you had heard anthing yet? I have applied to and have an interview in Jan. Let me know if you have too.
    Fez

4. I've got an interview on thursday 13th Jan - very excited!
    Lou x

5. Me too and I am also excited but very anxious - good luck!!

x

6. What's your background? I've been volunteering in a Foundation Unit & Year 1 class for just over a year.

7. Hi

My experience is very similar to yours with just over a years experience too. This has been through my uni placement, then some supply and volunteering with also year 2 as well.
    We should meet up on the morning of the interview for moral support - it is nice when you can meet and greet someone in the same boat as you.

FEZ

8. I did my GTP at Derby Uni last year - now in my NQT and loved it. Good luck everyone :)

9. Hi Fez,
    Yes, definitely. I will be there around 9am near the desk in reception. I'll probably be the youngest one there! Have a great xmas.
    Lou x

10. Hi I am on the GTP at Derby at the moment and just had a lecture about the VIVA which I am feeling very nervous about, as I have not hardly taught any science and that is one of the areas that you have to be able to talk about. How did yiou find it.

11. Hi Jetteruk
    How are you finding the course?

Do you have any interview advice? I have my GTP interview this week. I have all this to come if I get on the course but if your not sure just ask your mentor.

Thanks

12. Carolyne740

Carolyne740 New commenter

Hi all
    I am on the Derby Primary GTP and have my VIVA next week - 21st Jan.
    When was yours jetteruk .... hmm wonder if I can work out who you are :)