1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

primary girls being mean to one another!

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by s0700452, Jan 12, 2011.

1. I am an NQT. There are a handful of girls in my class that pull faces at one another and say nasty things. I am getting really sick of it. I told the head and she pulled them into her office to talk to them, but it still hasn't stopped. Now the parents have started coming in and saying their child is being 'bullied', even though they are all blame. One particular parent has phoned up the school and wants to have a meeting with the head and deputy. The deputy came to find me at lunchtime today to tell me I need to act upon this. I don't know what to do because I have sat the girls down many many times to tell them that behviour is not nice and if they cannot be nice to one another then play with other children. I wonder if anyone can tell me what they've done from experience, or can lead me to the right direction with websites or books which explain how to handle an issue like this. It is beginning to upset and I am tired of listening to it.
    Thank you so much.

2. minnieminx is right. It is after all just a bad habit. Break the cycle in class and there will be flowon benefits outside.
    Girls of this age are notorious for this kind of rubbish. Intervene in class, keep on intervening, so that the bad effect is felt immediately by the perpetrators. It's basically forced 'growing up' or 'growing through' this stage.