1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Geography

Discussion in 'Geography' started by Happy Chappy, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Hi- is there anyone out there who can help. Having just taken over geography in our school I want to try and ensure we have good progression in all areas of the programme of study. I want to devise a plan to show teachers all the expected skills etc that they should be teaching across their year group. I know that there is a new curriculum to be announced and taught from 2014 but have been informed that most of the areas currently covered will remain the same.
    Does anyone have such a grid that they would kindly share?
    Many thanks

2. Hi- is there anyone out there who can help. Having just taken over geography in our school I want to try and ensure we have good progression in all areas of the programme of study. I want to devise a plan to show teachers all the expected skills etc that they should be teaching across their year group. I know that there is a new curriculum to be announced and taught from 2014 but have been informed that most of the areas currently covered will remain the same.
    Does anyone have such a grid that they would kindly share?
    Many thanks

3. freckle06

freckle06 Lead commenter

If you search for my resources on the TES I have shared my level descriptors for Geography, which cover the 4 assessment strands from L2 to 7 and also have tick sheets for the students. Might be what you are looking for,

Kind regards

Rebecca

4. If you send me your email I can email to you a grid which shows how map skills and field work in geography should progress across the year groups.

5. Hi. Could I be ever so cheeky and ask to have a copy too please?? I am new to Grog and have only just completed my NQT yr last half term so this is my first subject! Complete novice needing all the help II can get!!! :/

dsbake@hotmail.com

MANY THANKS

Deana

6. Hi. Could I be ever so cheeky and ask to have a copy too please?? I am new to Grog and have only just completed my NQT yr last half term so this is my first subject! Complete novice needing all the help II can get!!! :/

dsbake@hotmail.com

MANY THANKS

7. you are asking the good question now

8. Hello, I have stumbled across this post! If at all possible, could you email me the grid too? I would be very grateful :)
    bedford_1982@yahoo.co.uk

9. Please, please could you upload this to TES resources so we can all access it? Many thanks if you do.