1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Geography Co-ordinator

Discussion in 'Geography' started by miss_pgcepe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. miss_pgcepe

miss_pgcepe New commenter

Hi there!
    I am new to subject leadership being an NQT+1 and have been given geography. I've always loved geography and would really love to boost its presence in my school. Can anyone give me any tips on taking on this new role and how to boost the profile of geography?
    Thanks!

2. carltonbrady92

carltonbrady92 New commenter

Hi there,

One way to boost presence is to create an event and get the support of all teachers in the school.

Encounter Edu is running an event called Coral Live 2019 from 11-15th Nov. It consists of live lessons with experts from the Caribbean.

All you would need do is download the resources, distribute to teachers, ensure they have booked their class in for a live lesson and take part on the day.

This is a great way to encourage new pedagogy, content, and promote your subject across the school.

Here is a starter pack: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resour...11-15-november-2019-7-11-preparation-12190656