1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary French- what do you do?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Minkuelle1, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Minkuelle1

Minkuelle1 New commenter

Do any primary teachers on here use the Rigolo scheme of work for French?
    A newish colleague suggested Rigolo as her old school have used it in the past and all teachers could teach from it -interactive, songs, worksheets etc. Trouble is, it's £525 +VAT for Y3/4!
    Last year, we started to use Catherine Cheater, but a lot of teachers complained it was too 'bitty'.
    Any other schemes which you use and that work well?

2. bonxie

bonxie Lead commenter

I haven't seen or used Rigolo so can't comment on that but I like and use:

http://www.lightbulblanguages.co.uk/resources-pr-fr-schemeofwork.htm - free and very useful for the planning it provides as well as the extensive resources. I've used this with Year 3, 4, 5 & 6.

Accès Studio (from Pearson) - good for using on the IWB with upper Primary.

3. InteractiveTextbooks

InteractiveTextbooks New commenter

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  4. Minkuelle1

Minkuelle1 New commenter

Thank you. This is definitely something I'll be looking at over the next few days!

5. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

6. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Amusing to be called a new commenter! I racked up countless posts on the old version of this forum! Still, that's the way of education. Nothing stands still for long and everything has to be re-written after a few years.

Landofla likes this.