1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary forums - would you like to see any more of them?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gailrobinson, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Thank you all for this feedback - it's really useful.
    It looks like at the moment most users would prefer to keep just one primary forum.
    Keep your views coming.
    Best wishes
    Gail

2. I would like to get to the bottom of why so many of you with different browsers cannot vote. Is someone willing to send me a screenshot of how you see the voting buttons and include which browser you are using?
    I can vote on Firefox (latest version), IE7, IE8 and Chrome (latest) and I'm on XP.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I'm on Firefox, When I click the reply button I get this message
    Hi all,
    Primary
    is one of our busiest forums and we wanted to get your feedback on
    whether or not you think it's a good idea to open some new forums to
    cater for specific key stages or subjects.
    It would help us a great deal if you could take the time out to answer this quick poll and to offer your views in this thread.
    Many thanks for your time
    Gail
    [Please visit the original post to access the poll]
    Italics are mine!

4. Lara mfl 05

Sorry still no luck. I'm on Firefox, which Tafkam managed to vote on?

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

The more forums there are, ther more chance of missing something of real interest

I hate the idea of these forums being fragmented even more than they already are.

6. inq

inq

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">Hi all,
    Primary is one of our busiest forums and we wanted to get your feedback on whether or not you think it's a good idea to open some new forums to cater for specific key stages or subjects.
    It would help us a great deal if you could take the time out to answer this quick poll and to offer your views in this thread.
    Many thanks for your time
    Gail
    <h4 class="CommonPollQuestion">Which of the following options would you find most useful?</h4>[*]Total Votes: 22[/LIST]Screen shot of first post using IE8 on Windows 7,
    There isn't a vote option.
    </td></tr></table>

7. I am on Firefox and there is no vote option either. If there was a KS1 forum I would probably look at that and the Primary one. I like the idea of a Primary Numeracy and a Primary Literacy.

8. i'm on firefox and i just voted successfully no probs

9. Some people use the Pregnancy forum for support/advice with fertility issues so perhaps they would not appreciate scrolling through the Baby & Toddler forums.

10. I can't vote on IE.
    No more forums!!!! Primary is great as it is, and as others have said, has a good flow of traffic. Start getting rid of some, rather than making more.

11. Can't figure out how put a screen shot in here but my screen looks like inq's. I'm on Chrome, Windows 7. I also have to do my own html to paragraph and get emoticons (I have none of the controls on the reply screen that I get with IE). HTH

12. Also can't vote in IE8 (screen looks the same again).
    But in reply to original question - only one Primary forum please[​IMG]

13. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Here's what I get, too, in Firefox 3.6.15 on Vista:
    [​IMG]
    It makes it look like I've voted, but I haven't, honest I haven't!
    I've just checked and get the same response from IE8 and Chrome 9... and the same on Safari mini and Chrome on my mobile.
    Maybe it just hates some of us?

14. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Hurrah! I could vote on the new link.

15. Lara mfl 05

Me too!

16. inq

inq

Me too!

17. Once again thank you all so much for your feedback. I am absorbing it all including your suggestions on how to improve the forums.
    Gail

18. We need a purple forum skin. Definitely purple.
    Purple would fix the TES totally.

19. And a pink one.

20. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

sand IS pink!

( although not quite as pink as your flipflops[​IMG])