1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Floor Targets

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Alena, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Alena

Alena New commenter

just a quick query. Have the government dropped the planned 85% floor target measure for this year? We had an email from the Naht saying they had but I don't think I've heard anything official about it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

The NAHT email describes the difference between the floor target and the coasting target and is accurate. Both will be in place.

3. mickeyforpresident

mickeyforpresident New commenter

I'm curious about this too... The gvmt hasn't yet confirmed the combined 65% has it?

4. son1bun

son1bun New commenter

This is the information I got from a LA Adviser - It will be 65% for so called 'coasting' schools, with a three year trend of 'low' results. It will be 85% for all other school. The Government will define again, what a coasting school is in due course.

5. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

I thought it was the other way round- 85% for 3 years in a row ( plus some progress measures) would make you a 'coasting' school but 2016, single year floor targets - 65%....

Oh dear I think my brain is going to explode.

6. Keighleigh

Keighleigh New commenter

I was under the impression it is 65% for 2016 but if for 2014-2016 you are under 85% you're a coasting school...

Totally confused me. I don't think they know what they're doing!

7. son1bun

son1bun New commenter

So sorry...Can I write that response again. It is the other way around...

It will be 85% for so called 'coasting' schools, with a three year trend of 'low' results. It will be 65% for all other school. The Government will define again, what a coasting school is in due course.

Sorry again!

8. abacus1982

abacus1982 Established commenter

I was under the impression it was 85% in individual subjects and 65% for combined reading, writing, mathematics. This is what we'd been told by LA.

9. michaelt1979

michaelt1979 Occasional commenter