1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PRIMARY/EY PGCE BOOKS FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by missrieen, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I have just finished my NQT year and no longer need some of my teaching books. I have books required for EY and Primary PGCEs (I studied at Warwick for those of you awaiting a book list!!) and am hoping to sell them:
    • Achieving QTS: successful teaching placement (Primary and Early Years) 2nd ed - Jane Medwell
    • Achieving QTS: Professional Studies (Primary and Early Years) 3rd ed
    • Achieving QTS: Primary ICT - Knowledge, Understanding & Practice 3rd ed
    • Achieving QTS: Primary Mathematics - Knowledge and Understanding 4th ed
    • " " " " - Teaching Theory and Practice 3rd ed
    • Achieving QTS: Primary English - Knowledge and Understanding 4th ed
    • Mathematics explained for primary teachers - Derek Haylock
    • Beginning Teaching: Beginning Learning in Primary Education - ed Janet Moyles
    All books in good, if not excellent condition. I did use all of them at some point, the achieving QTS ones are particularly good.

Please contact me if you are interested in any of these books, good luck with your training x

(I have also posted this in Marketplace)

2. Hi all,
    I have just finished my NQT year and no longer need some of my teaching books. I have books required for EY and Primary PGCEs (I studied at Warwick for those of you awaiting a book list!!) and am hoping to sell them:
    • Achieving QTS: successful teaching placement (Primary and Early Years) 2nd ed - Jane Medwell
    • Achieving QTS: Professional Studies (Primary and Early Years) 3rd ed
    • Achieving QTS: Primary ICT - Knowledge, Understanding & Practice 3rd ed
    • Achieving QTS: Primary Mathematics - Knowledge and Understanding 4th ed
    • " " " " - Teaching Theory and Practice 3rd ed
    • Achieving QTS: Primary English - Knowledge and Understanding 4th ed
    • Mathematics explained for primary teachers - Derek Haylock
    • Beginning Teaching: Beginning Learning in Primary Education - ed Janet Moyles
    All books in good, if not excellent condition. I did use all of them at some point, the achieving QTS ones are particularly good.

Please contact me if you are interested in any of these books, good luck with your training x

(I have also posted this in Marketplace)

3. Hi! How much do you want for the Professional Studies book? Thanks, Lou

4. Hi,
    This book cost £16 new and is in excellent condition. £6 plus p+p x

5. Can I just check that it's 'Professional Studies: Primary and Early Years (Achieving QTS)' ed. Jacques & Hyland? If so, do you have a Paypal account I could send payment to, and how much p&p do you think? Thanks! Lou

6. Yes it is that book, ISBN: 978-1-84445-095-4 with the green cover.
    P+P: second class standard £3 or recorded £3.50.
    If you want it, PM me and I can send you my paypal details and get your address to post it to [​IMG]

7. Update: Derek Haylock has been sold. All others currently still available [​IMG]

8. Update: Achieving QTS: Primary Mathematics - Knowledge and Understanding and Achieving QTS: Primary English - Knowledge and Understanding have been sold.
    All others still available [​IMG]

9. I also have these books:
    • The Art of Information and Communications Technology for Teachers - Richard Ager
    • A Practical Guide to Child Observation and Assessment 3rd ed - Christine Hobart and Jill Frankel.
    Please contact me if you're interested [​IMG]

10. Derek Haylock book is now available again, it is the1995 version but am pretty sure the content is still the same [​IMG]