1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary Art and the Stone Age

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by HyperBunny, Jul 12, 2018.

1. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Does anyone have an any ideas for an artist focus that could be (very loosely) linked to the Stone Age.

I was thinking Andy Goldsworthy would be a good link as he uses natural materials etc.

Any ideas are welcome. We are changing from Pop Art and Andy Warhol to a new artist.

Thanks

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I used Aboriginal Art as a stimulus.

I like the idea of using natural materials, using fingers/ toes or natural stones to make pictures. I remember doing something on sand painting a few years back as part of a topic on natural patterns. If I can find the name or my resources I'll let you know.

HyperBunny likes this.
  3. Lara mfl 05

The name was something like Amador and he painted 'Earthscape Art' with a sweeping brush. We actually did some on the beach too! ;)

HyperBunny likes this.
  4. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I shall have a little look now x

5. Lara mfl 05

If you're interested I might have my old planning and I could put it into resources.

6. captain scarlet

captain scarlet Established commenter

HyperBunny and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  7. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

That would be so kind! Thank you so much x

#sharingiscaring

8. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Thank you! I was thinking of colour mixing with natural materials. Grinding up etc. I did Andy Goldsworthy has done a couple things with rain shadows, which would link nicely with cave drawings too.

Love this community x

9. Lara mfl 05

I'll have a dig through my old teaching hard drive.

HyperBunny likes this.
  10. Lara mfl 05

Found the LTP and MTP :) and just checking through I've left no persona details and when I've finished doing that will post this and the accompanying Ppt. in resources later.

HyperBunny likes this.
  11. Lara mfl 05

Finished and uploading now.
    It's entitled 'DT.Art project Patterns in Nature', so hopefully it should be available in a while. Sometimes it doesn't show up for a couple of hours. It's under Free resources by the way. ;)

HyperBunny likes this.
  12. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Thank you! You're an absolute star!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  13. Lara mfl 05

Have you found it and might it be of any use? The work you've previously done about Warhol would be quite a good bridge for that unit

I did search for my Aboriginal resources, but realised many of those were adapted from a colleague's work. Basically what I did was look at the idea of 'Journeys' and 'Dreamtime' and linking with Geog. we planned a piece of Art based on our 'Daily journey' using made up symbols. We studied map symbols as a a starter. Was really pleased with that project, but you'd have to fine the pictures yourself, but fairly easy to do if you input Aboriginal journeys/ symbols and Dreamtime. would link quite well with a Stone Age topic.

14. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

I saw a project once where the pupils painted straight on to large, smooth pebbles collected from the beach.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.