1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Primary 7 (Year 6) Leavers' Assembly- ideas please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by flookbird, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Not an idea for a full assembly, but I, and others on here, have made photo presentations on Photo Story 3 with pictures from throughout their time at school. I have scanned in all their class photos from nursery to Year 5 and put in a selection of digital photos from staff members, then put a backing track on. This year I'm using Never Forget by Take That and 'Believe' from teh singup site, which someone on here suggested.
    I then put it onto CDs for all the children - the children love it, and the parents love it even more!

2. JWMU

JWMU New commenter

At our school we have a play that is written by one of the teachers each year specifically for that particular class but we also have a Leavers Service. They prepare a presentation themselves as a team of all the favourite memories and moments they have had and choose the school songs that they like best to sing. Then they finish their assembly with this song: http://www.outoftheark.co.uk/audio/leavers.mp3
    At that point not many of them can keep a dry eye. We are a small primary school (200 pupils) so we all get to know each other really well, so its quite hard when they go.