1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Priceless

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by welshwales, Sep 20, 2019.

1. welshwales

welshwales Occasional commenter

..so, a new pupil that joined 2 weeks ago asks the support TA in his class who the Headteacher was. Said TA brought him to me to show him - his reply? 'She can't be the Head, she teaches me and stand in the lunchhall!' Made me chuckle....

nomad and caterpillartobutterfly like this.
  2. Lucy2711

Lucy2711 Occasional commenter

In my first school (1987-1991!) the head was the first on the scene with sand after the inevitable vomit incidents. He really wanted us to focus on teaching...

3. meggyd

meggyd Senior commenter

I once did descriptions of various members of staff in French and asked kids to guess. No one recognised the head.

4. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I was responsible for unblocking toilets when the site manager was not there.

Pomza and welshwales like this.
  5. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

One HT I knew described himself as the highest-paid litter-picker in the county.

Pomza, ViolaClef and welshwales like this.
  6. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

In an Assembly a Head I knew was telling the pupils how in Victorian times many children were sent out to work rather than going to school. He began to describe the situation in more detail, completely losing the younger children in the process. Finally he said: “Now, would you like to work in a coal mine?”
    And all the Reception children chorused: “Yes!”