1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Previously on M6 but on Leadership scale for 2 years..... What next?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by AnoushkaBeddington, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hi I hope someone can help.
    I have been working as a Deputy Head for 2 years and am considering going back into classroom teaching. Naturally as a Deputy I was on the Leadership scale but had moved onto this prior to going through Threshold. Had I stayed on the Main Pay Scale I would have applied to go through Threshold and hopefully would have moved onto the Upper Pay scale previously.....
    Where would I stand with regard to going back into the classroom full time? Would I automatically go onto the Upper Pay Scale having been on the Leadership scale for 2 years? Would I go back down onto the MPS at the level I was at previously..... a bit confused and would like some advice really...... Hope someone can help!
    Thanks in advance.....

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Having been on the Leadership scale for over a year, you are automatically classed as a post-threshold teacher and so would be entitled to UPS1 as a minimum.

3. Thank you for your reply..... Much help!