1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Previews

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by joannammarsh, Aug 28, 2018.

1. joannammarsh

joannammarsh New commenter

I'm looking for some advice about the preview slides...can I create preview slides for use? Does the preview automatically take certain pages of the document/powerpoint?

Thanks in advance!

2. iandoublem

iandoublem New commenter

I've raised this a few times and been met with stony silence. As far as I can tell, purely from experimentation, is that the preview automatically takes some, usually the first few pages (?) of the document and displays those with a heavy watermark. However, I have seen many resources that have a LOT of preview pages and some, (often mine it seems!) that have no preview page beyond the 'cover' page you decide to upload. It's a random mess which needs a serious overhaul. Having no power over preview images is absurd when you're trying to sell your resources and will know best what you want to preview and show off. My last resource was a 100 page study guide and having one manual preview page and then a couple of automatically created preview pages is no good if those pages are just walls of text or something else equally 'dull'.

3. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

It seems to me that at least the first and final page of a resource is selected for preview. For obvious reasons zip files cannot be previewed but docs and pdf files seem fine. The only way around the above mentioned issues appears to me to upload chosen pages which you would like to show either as individual documents, i.e. one-page files, or to simply take screenshots (using the window Snapping Tool) of individual pages and again upload those as individual pictures. That way they would have to be shown in full.
    Another way would be to upload a 3 page document with the second page left blank, in the hope that I am right and the first and last page truly to get shown in previews. :D
    I think I just confused myself through writing this :confused:... I hope it's all clear to my readers though o_O
    Good luck. ;)