1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PREVIEWS SHOW TOO MUCH!

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by AuteureSofi, May 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AuteureSofi

AuteureSofi New commenter

I am so mad right now. Previews show way too much! In particular, I have worksheets, buyers can see almost everything! I write stories, buyers can read almost all the story. This is crazy! Even with the TES watermark, it doesn't hide anything!
    I sent several emails to TES to tell them that they should allow us to choose which pages to preview or even to upload our own preview but nothing changes. They are the only platforms that does that. I do not understand.
    What are you doing to prevent this?

2. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Id recommend until it is changed to upload your product in a zip file then upload individual pages of previews of your product that you want to not in the zip file. that way they won't see what you don't want them to as zip files don't show on previews

AuteureSofi likes this.
  3. elder_cat

elder_cat Established commenter

I think for resources consisting of multiple pages, your suggestion makes good sense. But where a resource consists of a single page, there could still be an issue.

As a workaround, you could create two copies of any single page resource. One would be complete, but inside the zip file, and thus unviewable. The other would be incomplete, with the necessary blurring of detail etc, and would provide the preview page.

Not sure how else you could stop a single page resource form being viewed in its entirety ?

AuteureSofi likes this.
  4. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

AuteureSofi likes this.
  5. MosaiK

MosaiK New commenter

Take a screenshot to show just the top left or top right quarter of your worksheet/story and import that into a Word document. I use the 'snipping tool' in Windows to 'cut out' sections of my resources.
    As previous posters have said upload your main resource as a 'zip' file, and then add your Word document separately. Zip files don't show as previews. Only non-zipped resources will show. One of the advantages of TES is that you can upload more than one document at a time, so you could have several preview documents, e.g. upload several 'snips' of your resource in several Word documents if you wanted to. You can also upload them as separate picture files if you save them from the snipping tool.
    I hope this helps. :)

AuteureSofi likes this.
  6. AuteureSofi

AuteureSofi New commenter

Thank you everyone! The zip files idea + word document is awesome, I don't know why Tes Help did not give me this solution when I emailed them! Thanks again!

MosaiK likes this.
  7. MosaiK

MosaiK New commenter

... perhaps they hadn't read my post yet ;) ... qui sait :D ?!