1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

previews not showing

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Krazikas, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

@TES Resource Team

For three or four days now, when I have uploaded new resources my previews are not showing. When I eventually manage to click on something and get an image - it is very faint / blurry. I have emailed authors@tes several times but the issue has still not been resolved. I would be grateful if you could pass on this matter to the relevant technical team to take a look at it.

Here are the links :https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/length-and-height-powerpoint-lesson-year-1-white-rose-12058986

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/weight-and-mass-year-1-24-worksheets-white-rose-maths-12062738

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/fronted-adverbials-worksheets-11755745

screenshot 2.png screenshot.png

2. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

Hello Krazlkas
    It's only the cover which is affected. This is then the first slide in the preview. I got round it by taking a screenshot of the cover PowerPoint. I'm using a Mac so that goes straight to my desktop. I then upload it straight from there and its perfect.
    HTH

Krazikas likes this.
  3. a51_ufo

a51_ufo New commenter

I have the same issue with some of mine. Ive tried deleting and uploading again. Word doc instead of pdf and still not resolved. Reported the problem and had the response "I have raised this issue with our Engineers and will get back to you as soon as i can."

4. a51_ufo

a51_ufo New commenter

Still no reply from the "Engineers" !

5. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

I have been adding resources and using JPEG images as the preview and it works fine for me. No problems with them showing. Try creating your own images rather than relying on the preview automatic previews. You can show exactly what you want and include a description about why the teacher should download your resource. If you want to have a look at my previews to get an idea of how I use them, I uploaded one yesterday www.tes.com/teaching-resource/network-topologies-protocols-and-layers-revision-12066673

6. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

Uploading screenshots works as well - see my post above

7. Krazikas

I have made my own images and tried uploading them. They are still not showing. I have deleted the resources and tried with both JPEG and png - still not working ....

8. Krazikas

I will try this ... fingers crossed.

9. a51_ufo

a51_ufo New commenter

Same!

Krazikas likes this.
  10. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

How odd, seems to work for some authors and not for others. Try emailing help@tes.com and help@tesglobal.com you may have more luck with them. Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

11. oignon

oignon New commenter

Is there any guidance available on how to create previews? I am having a hard time trying to understand how it works with the pictures and how I can cancel them once they are uploaded. I also noticed that the preview of my pdf worksheet is printable so why people bother to pay for it?

12. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Under 'Resource management' you can select an existing resource to edit. On the Resource Editor you can then replace the custom preview or switch to the default preview for each uploaded file (using the drop-down menu box alongside the file name). With cover images you just need to upload a new image to take the place of an old image.

Previews will not show a whole document unless it is only one page in length. An algorithm selects up to half the pages (depending on the document length) of a document as the default preview. If you would prefer only a select part of the file to be visible you can create a custom image to upload instead.

Many authors will have their own preferred ways to create custom previews. I would suggest that you create a single presentation slide or document page which shows what you would like to be visible. You can then use a screenshot or Snipping Tool (which is pre-installed on all Windows computers) to select what you want to save as your custom image file. Unfortunately we are unable to provide specific details on how to use various software to edit your images, but other authors may be able to give you some suggestions.

I hope this advice is helpful.

[Richard]