1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Previews Messed Up

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by mrajlong, Oct 28, 2017.

1. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Anyone else noticed that some of their previews are messy?

Check this one of mine out...

upload_2017-10-28_9-2-26.png

I would not buy this...I have put a note on the description, but I still think it will put buyers off. A bit irritating for a resource that has taken me many weeks to produce :(

Any advice @TES Resource Team

labellaroma likes this.
  2. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

I had this with the previews of some of my early Word document uploads. I contacted TES and was advised to convert to PDF wherever possible. I do now convert to PDF where this is appropriate but if I have left a Word document on and it has gone a bit funny in the preview I, like you, have put a note on my description.

mrajlong and hoppytimes like this.
  3. mrajlong

The trouble I have had with converting to PDF is the loss of image quality. I did with the resources above and they didn't look good! Why does this happen? Did Tes explain why?

4. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

@mrajlong are you just working in Word or Powerpoint and then converting to PDF? I work in PP and then save as PNG (you could do Jpeg too if you prefer) and then I use those PNG images to make a PDF so it doesn't lose any image quality.

5. mrajlong

I will try that thanks :)

6. tamrai

tamrai New commenter

How do you create previews? Some of items have them but some don't! All my files are pdf too...

7. PrimaryPros

PrimaryPros New commenter

Bumping this thread as this appears to still be an issue.

When I go to view my resources after uploading them the PowerPoint slides and Worksheets are like a dog's dinner, mixed up and all over the place!

Hoping the people @tesAuthorTeam are aware of this?

Thanks.

labellaroma likes this.
  8. labellaroma

labellaroma New commenter

Having had problems with preview views of recently uploaded resources I have spoken to someone at TES and it appears they are aware of the current problem with resource previews and are working on fixing it.

mrajlong likes this.