1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Prevent: This is getting stupid surely

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Jan 10, 2020.

1. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Please show a sample of what has been measured I am very curious;)
    You neglect things like those posted on #115 glossing over with your first sentence so, let us all see the extent of your knowledge. I have posted copious amounts of data and examples of which you have managed zero times to discuss. If you are so clued up, demonstrate, otherwise you should refrain from false accusations based on your lack of understanding. I am willing to go into detail on any data I have presented yet all youdo is post schoolboy GCSE notes.

2. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Do you understand that CO2 molecules do not reflect infra red radiation in a uniform manner? They actual scatter it in all directions.
    IE., some may go back to earths atmosphere and some will go out into space.
    Anyway here are a few educational discussions for you that may clarify your confusion:

(212) Debunking the "Simple Physics" Slogan About Climate Change - YouTube

(212) Hide The Decline: A Climategate Backgrounder - YouTube

(212) Patrick J. Michaels discusses Climategate on CNN - YouTube

(212) Dr Willie Soon demolishes the extreme weather panic and other hysterical arguments - YouTube

Lots more where they came from BTW:)

3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Really?

Wow.

I have just explained two fundamental points to you, and I earlier explained that solar activity cannot possibly in any way be the cause of warming because it has been measured. It is actually masking some warming.

If you are still shouting "solar cycles" at me, you truly are clueless.

4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

:rolleyes: It is like talking to a 10 year old!
    Just take a look at Simple physics in #121, you might learn something.

5. abwdSTEM

abwdSTEM Occasional commenter

That is true (obviously because we are not in an Ice Age) but the rate at which warming is occurring has increased dramatically since the increased burning of fossil fuels following industrialisation. This can be demonstrated by the "Hockey Stick model" every KS4 science student knows (or should know if they were paying attention).

Its harder to demonstrate if this has or not occurred before human history although I seem to remember that ice core studies have not identified such a rapid warming before.

ajrowing likes this.
  6. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Oh for the days of serious debate on climate change and quality of life expectancy.

ajrowing likes this.
  7. ajrowing

ajrowing Lead commenter

Does anyone think that CO2 molecules reflect infra red radiation?

8. Scintillant

Yesterday, I posted this:
    "I have just explained two fundamental points to you, and I earlier explained that solar activity cannot possibly in any way be the cause of warming because it has been measured. It is actually masking some warming.

If you are still shouting "solar cycles" at me, you truly are clueless."

No matter what you think about CO2 NOT causing warming, the facts about solar activity are very well known and it is not the cause of warming. Solar cycles are understood and measurable. How you can say they are the cause is simply beyond me and a point that doesn't need refuting.

Sorry but I am muting your posts now.

slingshotsally likes this.
  9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

10. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

To get back to the title of this thread:

Greenpeace included with neo-Nazis on UK counter-terror list
    Exclusive: Extinction Rebellion and Peta also named in anti-extremism briefing alongside Combat 18 and National Action

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...uded-with-neo-nazis-on-uk-counter-terror-list

"A counter-terrorism police document distributed to medical staff and teachers as part of anti-extremism briefings included Greenpeace, Peta and other non-violent groups as well as neo-Nazis, the Guardian has learned.

The guide, produced by Counter Terrorism Policing, is used across England as part of training for Prevent, the anti-radicalisation scheme designed to catch those at risk of committing terrorist violence.

Last week, police said documents uncovered by the Guardian that listed the environmental protest group Extinction Rebellion (XR) alongside far-right extremists and jihadists were a local error.

But the list of groups viewed as a potential concern contained in the new 24-page document includes Extinction Rebellion. It also includes Greenpeace – among whose supporters are Dame Judi Dench, Stephen Fry, Gillian Anderson and Joanna Lumley – and the ocean pollution campaigners Sea Shepherd, whose supporters include Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. Also included is Stop the Badger Cull, which is backed by Sir Brian May, the Queen guitarist.

They appear alongside a number of extremist rightwing groups including Combat 18 and the National Front, as well as National Action, which has been banned for terrorist violence. The last page of an accompanying visual guide seen by the Guardian advises people to report “any concerns identified via this document” using an online portal for reporting suspicious activity that is operated by Counter Terrorism Policing under the slogan: “Action counters terrorism”.

Scintillant and chelsea2 like this.
  11. colacao17

colacao17 Senior commenter

And CND, and Stop the War, and (of course) the Palestinian Solidarity Campaign.

slingshotsally likes this.
  12. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

You "explained" nothing at all! You simply regurgitate Gretaisms and completely fail to engage with all the evidence and argument that Lexus provides.

lexus300 likes this.
  13. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

I believe that that is a false dichotomy. Because a) I know that that science of climate change is extremely ambiguous and that much of the data underpinning it is fraudulent or has been manipulated, and b) although I admit I don't know it for certain, I don't believe that you are a shill for big Green Energy. If you were, and I'm sure they do exist, I think you'd do a better job of at least providing some semblance of manufactured evidence for your statements, as opposed to schoolboy opinions.
    No, I think you are a well-meaning sort of person, who hasn't yet realised what the climate fanatics are trying to do.

lexus300 likes this.
  14. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Have a look at the post referred to and you might have a clue. I'm sure almost everyone else will have sussed it out. :D

15. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

As I said in the reply- I've never said you should be locked up or otherwise punished for your stupidity.
    That along with your cowardice is your own problem- you just have to live with it.

Well done on coming out from behind the sofa BTW

16. Scintillant

Solar activity is measurable and is currently in a cooling phase so is actually masking some warming.

Can you explain how this data is incorrect, why all the science around solar activity is incorrect, and how current warming is caused by solar activity?

Then publish it in Nature. You'll be an instant millionaire

ajrowing likes this.
  17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

That (above) is a simplistic statement at best, there are so many variables that constitute our climate change drivers EG., Milankovitch cycles also interplay with the suns effect.

Our climate is a chaotic system so how do you support the temperature masking?

Solar activity is cyclical and much evidence points to similar cycles in recent and distant past.
    Looking at the past in geological time we are cooling and have been eons.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  18. Scintillant

19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

20. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

I can't be bothered to try to explain the point that you've missed more than once.

As for the sofa, and your unpleasant personal messages to me, it most certainly is not that I am "afraid" of discussing things with you, though I admit that it often seems a waste of time as your ability to understand things appears to be somewhat limited.

The reasons for my absence over the past few weeks are threefold, and whilst they are none of your business, I don't mind explaining that they have been caused by a) me going back to working five days to cover the unexpected loss of a colleague, b) some family issues that have taken up a lot of time and necessitated me being away from home quite often and c) me breaking a finger.

However, given that you have been so rude, I will try to make a point in future of calling you out whenever I notice some absurdity in your posts. I don't expect to have to wait long for the first one to appear...

lexus300 likes this.