1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pressure following strike

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JPatters, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Following my decision to strike last week, I have been subject to an 'unpleasant' discussion with the Head and have now received a letter stating that as I am not satisfied with the Teachers Pension Scheme then perhaps I would like to consider another option and they have enclosed details about a pension from Standard Life!. I would like advice on how to proceed. I work in a small independent school.
    Thanks.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

This is bullying behaviour.
    Contact your regional Union office for advice on this.
    Also, look carefully at your payslip to check how much money has been deducted for the strike day, and to make sure that they don't pull you out of the TPS.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. Thanks.
    Can they pull me out of the TPS?
    My letter said they would deduct a days pay and amend pensionable service and contributions accordingly.