1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pressing Fn and F1 to get on to the internet...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I was given this laptop and Fn/F1 was already set up. Up until yesterday I just thought of it as a minor inconvenience but yesterday the laptop got a virus and I was trying to start up as the adminstrator but couldn't get onto the internet because I couldn't use Fn/F1 in whatever setting I was using. (god knows if any of that made sense) (eventually got sorted by going to last known safe start up or whatever it's proper title is)
    I'd like to get rid of the Fn/F1 step now - can anyone tell me how?
    mwah, mwah...

2. Wish I could help but no idea sorry!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think dinx has sorted me out! But thank you anyway - you stopped me from feeling lonely. [​IMG]

4. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Being the inquisitive person I have always been, I just had to try this out.
    It logged me out of the blooming computer!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Because she is eversoclever Dinx was able to tell me that my Fujitsu laptop considers this to be a "feature". If I fail to return in the next couple of days it's because I've tried hard to follow her exceptionally clear instructions but managed, as usual, to get something wrong!

6. Good luck!