1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pressies!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hayleyfrancis, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

I was just after a little advice...I am coming towards the end of a teaching practice with Year 5 and would really like to get them all a small, cheap gift to say thank you and goodbye. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I could get?

Thanks!

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Im getting my year 4's travel snakes and ladders. On Ebay someone is selling them in batches of 30 for about £12 + £3 P&P. They havent arrived yet so I dont know what the quality will be like but I know my kids will like them! I will also throw in a chocolate fun size sweet.

3. Oh that would have been great but silly old me has left until the last minute and need something by friday! thank you for your suggestion though!

4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Poundshop then! Just go for cheap notepad/pencil/rubber combo type thing? You should be able to get multipacks of each for quite cheap. Or something for them to take up to year 6 with them, a fave board game for wet play?

5. A student I once had got my class of Year 5 some books to put in our reading corner. The children really enjoyed reading them. Other students in my school have bought party bags. You could always pop to the 99p store they often have some good things that are not too expensive. It is hard sometimes to keep the cost down.

6. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Wilkinsons has packs of 8 multi-coloured pencils (red, blue, green & yellow swirled together) for £1. Or anything similar from Tesco or Poundshop.

7. I usually bake cup cakes with chocilate buttons and smarties on them which they eat/take home at hometime.