1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Preserved retirement benefits.

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by noswad, Apr 6, 2012.

1. My wife left teaching in the early 90's to have children and never returned after completing 8 years full time. What I want to know please.........<u>is the index linking for inflation still applied over the intervening years?</u> It would make an incredible difference because the pension benefits would be based on a figure that is roughly twice her original final salary.
    <address>(On my own online pension forecast my final salary is quite a bit higher due to the index linking but on my wife's pension forecast there has been no change.)</address>

2. My wife left teaching in the early 90's to have children and never returned after completing 8 years full time. What I want to know please.........<u>is the index linking for inflation still applied over the intervening years?</u> It would make an incredible difference because the pension benefits would be based on a figure that is roughly twice her original final salary.
    <address>(On my own online pension forecast my final salary is quite a bit higher due to the index linking but on my wife's pension forecast there has been no change.)</address>

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Teacher's Pensions are very helpful over the phone.

4. Your wife will get index linking from when she left. Not sure why this would not show up on the forecast.