1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Presenting work - ideas and rules

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by durgamata, Dec 15, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Just came across a old master copy related to presentation of written work. Sharing this as a resource and mentioning it in the forums for several subjects as most departments have such guides for keeping exercise books looking good.

This one is a bit more than a list of rules and hopefully will encourage our students to think about their work and be more inclined to take a pride in it.

see - http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Presentation-of-Written-Work-KS3-4-rules-ideas-6152457/

I am also interested to know if departments have guidelines for presenting work using world processing - such as font and size, paragraphing etc.

Do give some feedback and suggestions so I can improve this resource. It is such an important aspect of life which if we can get the kids to have good habits early on in school will help them in all their subjects.

2. I totally agree that presentation is important as it allows pupils to keep clear record of what they've learned and makes marking so much easier so you can spend more time doing it more effectively.
    I am trying to avoid using loose sheets as it's a never ending struggle trying to keep them in order, dated, with full names etc.
    Have a look at
    http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/MFL-French-Student-Manual-6140465/
    as as it's something that we have been working on as well. We display poster sized versions of how to present work.

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

4. There is an editable version there. It's in Microsoft Publisher format.