1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Presentation to pupils as part of interview

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by essh, Dec 11, 2015.

1. essh

essh New commenter

Hi,

I'd appreciate some help/ideas please folks. Got my first interview in years soon and as part of the interview I have been asked to present to pupils (upper primary) on the following topic -
    This school is a creative and innovative place to learn.... Why would I be the best candidate for the job?

Freaking out so all help gratefully received. TIA

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Come on! Give us a break!

How can we help you on this? We might not actually think that you ARE the best candidate! And even if you are, we don't know you so how can we say what the reasons are?

;)

Think of the aims of the appointment. How can you ensure that they are achieved. Off you go!

And read the advice articles in the professional Advice Hub:

I've included articles not relevant to you, for the benefit of others reading this.

3. Preparing for Interview I suggest that you read these in this order

Help, I've got an interview!*** The basic advice ***

Teaching an observed lesson at interview

Using mind-mapping for interviews*** The best-loved advice ***

Tell us about yourself - dream or nightmare question?*** Read and note this ***

Daft Interview Questions

What shall I wear to the interview?

Interviews – making a positive first impression

How do you decide who to appoint?

What excuse can I give for going to interview?

Child Protection: the questions, NOT the answers

A typical Child Protection Policy

Two interviews and a dilemma

Interview feedback - they blamed my experience, but they knew that when they shortlisted me!

SLT interviews - possible questions

In-tray exercises. Deputy Head

Assistant Head interviews

General interview questions

Questions to ask at the end of your interview

We have on here a very nice tradition that when you actually got a job, you started a brand-new thread (not adding it to this one - a brand-new thread) where you told us your good news. You call it Dear Theo - I got that job! and this gives everyone a chance to congratulate you. It also gives them hope and inspiration for their own jobseeking, to see you successful.

If you see one of these threads, make sure you congratulate people!

So I will end by saying that we look forward to seeing your Dear Theo - I got that job!

Best Wishes

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

So, you have to give a presentation to pupils on the topic: "This school is a creative and innovative place to learn.... Why would I be the best candidate for the job?"

And you (presumably) can't see any irony in asking us for help - on a presentation about creativity and innovation...?

monicabilongame likes this.