1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Presentation and subject audits anyone?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ctinblue7, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Hello everybody,
    Have received a letter for a GRTP presentation and english, maths and science audits - does this mean tests in these subjects? As I've applied for GTP Primary will these audits focus on education up to Year 6 in primary schools or beyond? Has anybody had any experience with audits? Please could you shed some light on what they were like and the types of questions that were asked?
    Many thanks,
    ctinblue7

2. ammonia

ammonia New commenter

Hi, if this is anything like the audits I did for my application last year, this simply means that you'll be asked to fill in a form assessing your subject knowledge in each of these three subjects (so, for Enlgihs, your knowledge of various grammatical strutures, punctuation, poetry genres etc.). You'll probably be asked to rate your confidence on a scale of 1-4 or somethin similar. It's to assess yourzreas for development rather than to 'test' you so don't worry too much about it.

3. Hi ammonia,
    Thank you for your reply. Hopefully my audits will be like yours and will not be 'tests' as such.
    ctinblue7

4. Why not? Is your maths, science and English knowledge that far short of what a Year 6 pupils should have?

5. Hi MasterMaths,
    Not at all! It's all just so exciting yet nerve wracking, didn't mean it to sound like I'm absolutely petrified of tests.

6. Has anybody else had any experience with audits?

7. We had to do them at home before the interview. Simply a tick box exercise.
    We were asked about an identified weak area at interview. We also had basic skills tests.

8. Hi,
    I have been called for the presentation and audit tests at Wolverhampton, which are also taking place next week.I know a few people who took them last year and they were "proper" tests so to speak, so I think it depends on your provider.

I'm very worried about mine too, purely because this is my only shot to get on the course! [​IMG]

Rach

9. Hi sarkles31
    I know how you feel. I guess all we can do is try our utmost best.
    Best of luck! :)