1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Presentation advice..i'm a little confused!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by JamFactory, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I have a primary pgce interview next week and i have to prepare a two minute presentation starting off with "I feel a current education issue facing teachers today is..."
    I was looking at talking about the new pupil premium grant schools are getting for poor children, i have all the info about this but im struggling to relate this to how it may be an issue for teachers?
    I thought that it may be that there is more pressure placed on teachers to ensure poorer children's achievement rises because of this new grant..but im not too sure!
    please help!! any advice would be appreciated

2. Sorry I cant help much with the topic.. but what I would say is dont worry about it too much. I think they want to see HOW rather than WHAT u present. I have an interview tomorrow with a brief of what to do in 5 mins... Quickly realised there's very little u can say in 5 mins let alone your 2! So just speak well, clearly and stick within the time limit.

Just thought of an issue... Has been lots in the news about new mobile phone powers for teachers- check out BBC news education site.

Good luck!

3. This must be 'easier' now than ever before because of the government's relentless drive to change education in England.

Have you checked out TES newspaper? There must be plenty of articles in there about issues in education.

You could rely on good old fashioned issues that are ever present in education
    *Poverty
    *Class

Or you can look at different issues. I suggest the government white paper on education is a great place to start. Plus, it's a laugh-a-minute paper.