1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Present ideas

Discussion in 'Personal' started by goonergirl2009, Aug 27, 2011.

1. goonergirl2009

goonergirl2009 New commenter

It is a good friend's 30th birthday soon and I was hoping you might be able to suggest some gift ideas for me! We have been very close friends for 14 years but our interests have changed in recent years and she enjoys things that I know little about. She enjoys cycling, climbing, gardening, drinking gin, sewing, science and cooking and is interested in the environment and ethical products. If anyone could help me out, I would be really grateful! I don't really have a specific price bracket in mind- I just want to find her something lovely.
    Thanks in advance!
    x

2. Activity Day gift tokens are good (like a spa day). Red Letter days is one company.
    Also, www.notonthehighstreet.com had some nice quirky gifts, maybe to do with relaxing with w g&t in the garden!
    Try Nigels Eco Store (online) for ethical gifts.

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Why don't you buy her a gift voucher from
    http://www.pelennapatchworks.co.uk/
    She can then go online and choose fabric, threads, tools etc.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Button-It-Large-Sewing-Box-In-Hot-Pink_335912.htm

A nice sewing box? X

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Goonergirl, I have to say that your friend has a wide variety of interests which all seem pretty easy to cater for . . . . . . I find it's people who have no interests that are really hard to buy presents for.

6. no idea of costs or where to find them, but have heard great reviews about 'cookery schools'. A friend went to Nick Nairns and had a great time!

7. goonergirl2009

goonergirl2009 New commenter

These are such lovely ideas, and not ones I would have thought of! Thank you very much! X

8. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

Hi,
    Just a thought - I have a friend who is also into cooking and she raved about a special 'tasting menu' night she went on - I think the chef was Michael Caines. She said it was absolutely brilliant and special.
    I should think lots of chefs offer similar experiences.