1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Present for amazing colleague

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sionni, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sionni

Sionni New commenter

Hi folks, I'm going to be leaving my school at the end of this term and I'm trying to think of a really nice farewell and thank you gift for my co-teacher (the parallel class to mine) who is, frankly, an angel. She's kept me afloat all year. I made the jump up from early years to KS2, and she's taken the lion's share of the responsibility and planning while I found my feet. What can I get her/do for her to adequately express my thanks? I don't have much cash and she's about 20 years my senior. She'll appreciate thoughtfulness more than monetary value... sadly I am rubbish at thinking of ideas :-/ Would be so grateful if anyone here can share any ideas of a great gift they've received.

Many thanks!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Any hobbies or interests?

3. Sionni

Sionni New commenter

Hi, no, not that I know of. Well, she is quite outdoorsy, but is pretty well kitted out with everything she could possibly need, her husband is a mountain leader.

4. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

5. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Star commenter

I always think some sort of plant goes down well, and unless she hasn't got a garden at all, most people can find room for a plant. A nice rose maybe, or hydrangea, azalea or any small shrub? My garden is full of plants that others have bought and each still brings memories of that person and that time in my life.

saratron likes this.
  6. saratron

saratron New commenter

A beautiful photo frame, something that involves the children you both teach - a card created by all of them? A vase?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Take her for a posh afternoon tea somewhere nice?

frangipani123 likes this.
  8. ashleysummer

ashleysummer New commenter

She is a teacher, isn't she? Maybe, you should present her a beautiful pen holder like this?
    [​IMG]
    At your convenience, I'll drop a link www.oleksynprannyk.com . I ordered a gift for my boss from this website.