1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Preperation for Primary PGCE September 2012

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by FionaM_811, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I found out today I have been offered an unconditional place on a Primary PGCE course to start in September. It was a complete shock as I thought the interview went terribly, but I am so happy and relieved I dont have to worry now, and very excited yet nervous to begin!
    On the interview day, the tutors said if we were successful they would give us some feedback as to what to work on based on our application and interview in preparation for the course. Having only just accepted their offer, I thought I would get in early to see if anyone on here could recommend anything? Any vital books to read, things to brush up on, things I'll nee to buy, absolutely anything you think would be helpful! Im currently volunteering one day per week, alongside working full time (retail), and looking for temp TA jobs up until the end of the school year to gain more experience. If unsuccessful, I am thinking about reducing my hours at work to do more volunteering in schools.
    Thanks in advance for any advice :)

2. Hi,
    I found out today I have been offered an unconditional place on a Primary PGCE course to start in September. It was a complete shock as I thought the interview went terribly, but I am so happy and relieved I dont have to worry now, and very excited yet nervous to begin!
    On the interview day, the tutors said if we were successful they would give us some feedback as to what to work on based on our application and interview in preparation for the course. Having only just accepted their offer, I thought I would get in early to see if anyone on here could recommend anything? Any vital books to read, things to brush up on, things I'll nee to buy, absolutely anything you think would be helpful! Im currently volunteering one day per week, alongside working full time (retail), and looking for temp TA jobs up until the end of the school year to gain more experience. If unsuccessful, I am thinking about reducing my hours at work to do more volunteering in schools.
    Thanks in advance for any advice :)