1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Preparing for meet the teacher morning tomorrow?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by VelvetChalk, Jul 10, 2012.

1. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

I am nervous and excited as it is meet the teacher morning tomorrow and I meeting my year 1 class for the first time!

With the other year one teachers we have planned for the morning so we are all doing the same thing and I have got the resources ready to print out. We have figured which activities to do as they are EYFS still. I have got some star stickers for behaviour and a notebook for notes on children.

Bit worried as I am not sure which classroom it will be and I have not got my class list yet, despite emailing to find out. I am planning to turn up super early to bag a classroom and sort out resources.

Should I be preparing anything else? Keep getting worried I have forgotten something.

2. VelvetChalk

I am nervous and excited as it is meet the teacher morning tomorrow and I meeting my year 1 class for the first time!

With the other year one teachers we have planned for the morning so we are all doing the same thing and I have got the resources ready to print out. We have figured which activities to do as they are EYFS still. I have got some star stickers for behaviour and a notebook for notes on children.

Bit worried as I am not sure which classroom it will be and I have not got my class list yet, despite emailing to find out. I am planning to turn up super early to bag a classroom and sort out resources.

Should I be preparing anything else? Keep getting worried I have forgotten something.

3. Enjoy it. I met mine last week, albeit with their parent and I had a fab time.

I'd just be prepared with some fun little time filler games just incase, or a special story.

4. How did it go?

5. VelvetChalk

It went well, my class are lovely!

Bit of room confusion so I just stayed put in the first room I walked in.

Its made me so much more relaxed as well...

6. That's good then.

I am trying to get my head round everything, and am wondering if I am missing something that I am supposed to be doing!!