1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Preparing for a teaching role in SEN provision

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by jaq35, Oct 21, 2019.

1. jaq35

jaq35 New commenter

Hi, I have currently moved from 20 years in mainstream teaching to leading a pre school for children with additional needs. I am loving working with children with special needs but end up doing a lot of the admin and not enough teaching. I would like to move back into SEN teaching some time in the future and wonder if there are some things that I could do to prepare. Is there any reading/ training that would help me make the move? Many thanks

2. R13

R13 Occasional commenter

Leading pre school provision for those with SEND is in my view, excellent preparation for teaching in a SED school . . .as long as you make sure you keep your 'hand in'
    I'd be delighted to get an application from someone who can effectively use strategies like TEACCH, PECS and Makaton - all of which would, I assume, be essential in your current role