1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Prepare me for primary PGCE!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by missjpea, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I am starting a Primary PGCE in September and can barely wait! Although, I am getting a tiny bit worried about being prepared! I have bought all the books that my University has asked me to, and keep picking up stationary and filing bits every time I go shopping - I have a rather large (and pink) collection now! But I was just wondering if there is anything else that anybody would advise me to buy beforehand that is going help me through the year?
    What are a trainee primary teachers godsends? X

2. I am starting a Primary PGCE in September and can barely wait! Although, I am getting a tiny bit worried about being prepared! I have bought all the books that my University has asked me to, and keep picking up stationary and filing bits every time I go shopping - I have a rather large (and pink) collection now! But I was just wondering if there is anything else that anybody would advise me to buy beforehand that is going help me through the year?
    What are a trainee primary teachers godsends? X

3. A bottle of Jagermeister and a packet of Pro Plus!

4. haaha! I will keep those in mind....thank you!

5. A cheap laminator so that you don't have to keep remaking resources each time....oh, and a box of tissues!! I found it quite an emotional year but it was brilliant fun!
    I've just finished my PGCE year and wouldn't have changed it for the world....good luck xx

6. A decent camera - even one on your phone will help- great for documenting evidence for standards.

7. Paracetamol and vitiman C - you're going to catch everything going at some point during the year. Definitely stock up on painkillers and tissues and make sure you actually take them to school with you.
    I found my laminator to be an absolute godsend, so I'd highly recomment one of those. Remember to keep everything you laminate as well -might come in useful again.
    A lot of people on my course used their cameras a lot (taking pictures of displays etc) but I just used the school camera on placement and transferred the images to my USB stick.
    Label absolutely everything you take to school - I've found that things regularly 'disappear'
    Most of all though,wine and chocolate are your new best friends.