1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Preparation for a PGCE in Business

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by Redroses22, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Hi,

I will be commencing a PGCE in Business from September, and I am beginning to think about what I need to do to prepare . I have completed several observations in secondary schools, and working on the Economics A-level syllabus in order to be able to teach Economics as well as Business, but wondered if there were able texts anyone could recommend me reading in preparation for the course, or anything else I can do to ensure I hit the ground running when I begin in September.

2. michael102

michael102 New commenter

Hi!

Congrats on getting on the course, the number of places for next year was slashed by about half if not more so you have done really well to get a spot, where are you going to be doing your PGCE? I am literally just finishing mine!

Its a good idea to be reading up on Economics but you may find you end up on placement in schools that won't offer or let you near Economics so I wouldn't worry about that too much but of course you can always request you go on placement where you could also do Economics!

I wouldn't say read any particular texts but just read around the following subjects:

Active Learning
    Personalised Learning
    Differentiation (SEN & AGT)
    Assessment for Learning
    Assessment of Learning

Hope that helps! If you want anymore help feel free to email me on onecoolcustomer@hotmail.co.uk