1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Premoderation - how long for?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by enchantedapril, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Hello,
    I understand the reasons for the premoderation, I just wondered how long it will last?
    I'm finding it very frustrating that by the time my replies are posted the discussion has moved on.

2. Hi
    To try to minimise abuse and disruptions in the Personal forum, in February we set it as pre-moderated. In September, we did the same to Opinion but only during certain out of office times. This change automatically affected all usernames registered with us from 18/02/10. Although you registered in August, you have only recently started posting in late October. We act as quickly as possible to allow posts through manually but understand that a delay can be frustrating. We apologise for any inconvenience to you during your pre-moderated period.
    The pre-moderation only affects posts you make in Personal (24 hours a day) and Opinion (during certain hours). You can post freely in all the other forums as you have been. After a certain amount of time and number of posts, we will decide whether to set an account unmoderated automatically.

3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

And you haven't been around long enough to see the havoc the trolls caused and why this action by the moderators is necessary.