1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Prelims

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by deleted963, Jan 23, 2011.

1. I've just spent about 6 hours today marking prelims, Standard Grade.
    Isn't it depressing how, after 18 months ot teaching, how little so many of our pupils have learned?

2. I've just spent about 6 hours today marking prelims, Standard Grade.
    Isn't it depressing how, after 18 months ot teaching, how little so many of our pupils have learned?

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I find that they've understood most of the French but are not able to communicate their answers (in English) in an accurate way.

4. davieee

davieee Occasional commenter

sacre bleu

5. Some of my subject demands explanations. I know what pupils mean and I know they know the answer but the marks can't be given because what's written is often rubbish!

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Same here,that is if I can even read their handwriting!

7. "Decipher" is the word, catmum.
    You can see it I'm sure, you can read it I'm sure, but you can't make out the effin' word at all!

8. I also spent the weekend marking prelim papers and the lack of understanding is scary. Looks like a hard few months for my little darling pupils.

9. vforvendetta

vforvendetta New commenter

Hurrah for pre-lim time!
    Now the demand for tutoring steps up, now they've realised that they've learned nothing since August. More money in the bank for us poor, deprived supply teachers. I'm happy to take their money.

10. sbf

sbf New commenter

I guess its not the teachers fault?
    "who said that"?
    :D

11. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

sbf - do you want a smack?
    [​IMG]

12. sbf

sbf New commenter

Lols [​IMG]