1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pregnant and signed off -need advice

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Pedrolou, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Pedrolou

Pedrolou New commenter

Hi all,

What's the expectation to provide cover when you're signed off with pregnancy related stress and anxiety!

Help!!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

"Expectation" is the wrong term, because it's entirely possible that your headteacher does expect you to do it.

The 'legal' position is that if you're signed off as too ill to work - you're too ill to work and that includes cover work.

Refer to your union if you're made to feel as if you should be doing any sort of work whilst signed off.

badger_girl likes this.
  3. Pedrolou

Pedrolou New commenter

Thanks Middlemarch! I rang in sick today, as things have got too much! Work is stressing me out a lot (so much going on-I think they want me out)...I have been referred to a mental health nurse after scoring high on this depression questionnaire they give out. I set cover yesterday, but wondering if I should do it for tomorrow and give an overview of where classes are and explain I've been signed off and then set no more after that!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

badger_girl and Middlemarch like this.