1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pregnancy, school building work and new roles!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by busby2, Jun 3, 2018.

1. busby2

busby2 New commenter

Hi all, just looking for some advice!

I know you don't legally need to tell your headteacher until week 25, but that will be the first week back in Sept (I'm due on Christmas day!) and I'm thinking of telling my HT sooner rather than later.
    I am 10 weeks +5 days and have my scan in two weeks.

I was going to wait to tell him after the scan but we have had some building work start at school - including the removal of asbestos. I feel I should tell my HT as soon as we go back fromHalf term so a risk assessment can be put in place
    But I'm very worried about telling my HT. This is only my 2nd year in the school (along with the HT) and have been trusted to be the SENCo. And to make matters more awkward, I've been asking for a meeting/performance management meeting with my head for some time as I want to discuss my pay scale - full time teacher, student teacher tutor & senco but only paid MPS. These have been booked in the first week back.
    Do I talk to him about money and then tell him? Do I have my performance management and tell him at a later date/ after my scan? Or do I just tell him and forget about the sen pay etc?
    Seems silly I know but not sure best way to do this.

2. vickysimpson1989

vickysimpson1989 New commenter

Why are you worried?? You havent done anything wrong by getting pregnant and dont apologise for having a life. Carry on as normal and tell them when you want. Keep asking for the right pay and do not ever think you dont deserve it. Do you honestly think a man would feel this worried if the shoe were on the other foot?