1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pregnancy Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by ceh54, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Please
    could I get some advice from all you helpful people? I want to get a pregnancy
    info type book and having had a browse at recommendations on Amazon was
    wondering if anyone here had any suggestions? Thank you (ps I am starting to look for a name book too).
    <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>

2. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

3. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

PS got some free baby name books with pregnancy magazines but mainly used internet for searching lists, didn't really need to buy one.

4. Hey I bought a few books and found them all really interesting or useful in lots of different ways. What to expect was a sort of foundation one I went back to lots (id get the 1st year one too) but I also really liked the rough guide to pregnancy. Hubby and I would read it each week as its very easy reading and funny. Depending on your birthing preferences I found birth skills by juju (can't remember surname) very good and I used pretty much all of her active birth suggestions when in labour. also have you maybe thought about reading up up on breast feeding? if your planning to bf Ina May is a classic wish I'd bought it before my Lo arrived. Also just begun reading the baby whisperer by Tracy Hogg not 100% sure on her routines etc yet -she's no gina ford at least and it can't hurt to research different ideas etc?? Definitely agree with coolgiraffe I'd see if you get a baby name book as a gift (I ended up with 4) if not just look on line and save your pennies x x