1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pregnancy and interview?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by jennybenny25, Nov 13, 2011.

1. hey all i recently found out im pregnant (7 weeks) but i agreed to attend an interview before i knew. Anyway the interview is this week and not sure if to go. Do i tell them before or after i get the job (if i get it but a good chance i probably will) plus i cant think straight as all can think of is this unplanned pregnancy!!! still shocked!

what should i do?? i dont like lying :(

help

xx

2. Is it a promotion where you are or a totally new place? If the latter, I would say go for it and tell them before you accept it. It might be really uncomfortable if you start the job then tell them and you don't want to feel uncomfortable throughout your pregnancy and I think potentially legally they can't turn you down because you are pregnant (?)

3. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

See advice on Theo's Jobseekers forum - in a nutshell, DO NOT TELL THEM!! You are not legally obliged to do so!