1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Predictions GCSE Media AQA Action Adventure?

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by lizgaskell, Apr 7, 2011.

1. lizgaskell

lizgaskell New commenter

Done websites, they did posters for Assignment TWO (so hopefully just a reminder), DVD covers afetr Easter, storyboard (again reminder) after Easter ...
    Have made little booklets which the more able/dedicated are using but might rub off on others.
    Will look again as Uses and Gratification.
    Still want to watch perhaps another 3 films too so I'd better get cracking.

Liz

2. Hi Liz,

Any chance that I could have one of the little booklets? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Diana

3. lizgaskell

lizgaskell New commenter

Hi Diana

They are saved at schhol but I can tell you what's in them.
    Some of the advice from AQA (sub genres ect) some basics on the exam (time, equipment needed) Propp's charcter theory (hero, helpers...) Todorov's Narrative theory (equilibrium, ...)
    All easy to find and shamelessly copied and pasted from internet with some piccys added!
    As I say, some find this interesting but in a mixed age (yrs 9, 10 and 11) AND mixed ability class it is difficult to suit all! I bet some have already lost them but I refuse to copy more.
    First week back Robin Hood but my copy is only the director's cut- over two hours long!

Good Luck
    Liz

4. MrPuss

MrPuss New commenter

Very little time left for my students - no time for any more fillums. Just 12 days left before they go on Study Leave - work it out, yes indeed - mine go on Study Leave the Friday before the pre-release materials are available - doh! [​IMG]
    I've give mine extracts from the Colllins pre-release booklet and asked them to work on as many different angles for a fillum of their own, so hopefully when they come back, we will have covered a lot of ground on the production front - hahahaha, yeah right! [​IMG]

5. MrPuss

MrPuss New commenter

Sorry, just had a thought - don't forget that students only have about 20 minutes for each question with this new exam, so don't pile on the production work too much, they simply won't have time to do a fully formed magazine article or a complete DVD case. I'm assuming that only one of the four questions will be a straight-forward "production" question - although Q3 could be a "planning / rough design" type question, I guess.