1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-teach interview task

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by imaan86, Mar 9, 2017.

1. imaan86

imaan86 New commenter

What is the best way to go about structuring an interview task where I have to pre-teach language/concepts to a group of students who need extra English support in lower KS2. The session is around 20 minutes.

I was given the following information -

Conjunctions for adding points: also, as well as that, another thing, in addition

Tense used: third person (he, she, it)

The outcome of the week is to write a report on the human body i.e. skeleton and muscles

So basically they will need to learn how to improve or up level their sentences on the human body using conjunctions.

Any help and tips received much appreciated!

2. imaan86

imaan86 New commenter

It's for a literacy lesson so do I focus on the grammar or the naming of muscles and bones?

3. midlifecrisisqueen

midlifecrisisqueen New commenter

As the emphasis is on pre-teaching the vocabulary, I'd focus on the key words needed for the main lesson, ie what is a conjunction and the examples given, then explain third person and ensure they understand that and finally make sure they understand 'skeleton' and 'muscles'. It sounds like the aim of the task is to ensure they have come across and understand these words before embarking on the main writing task.

Hope this helps and good luck.