1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pre school planning

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by angelrosie, May 8, 2011.

1. Just wondered if anyone had any pre school plans they could show me as an example?
    I am an Early Years teacher for FS but am trying to build links for the preschool, and wondered if anyone had any examples to share?

2. Didn't think I actually hit return and posted that - but hey - I mean it!!
    There is lots available if you search..................................................

Go on have a go..

3. Have you looked at the pre-school learning alliance documents or spoken to one of their support workers?

4. Hi,
    I'm a preschool teacher (QTS), and my planning is very different to what my typical lesson planning was further up the school.
    Most of my planning goes into ensuring that the environment is right - indoors and out. I don't change it, set it up differently for different 'themes' etc; I just make sure that it works as a non-directive environment, where children can access the props/equipment that they want/need to to play.
    Long term plans are which festivals we will celebrate and where these fall in the year. Usually 1 each half term, plus little things like Mother's Day.
    Med term plan (each 1/2 term) maps out which stories we will tell/read (one each week), which songs and games will make up my circle time (singing and drama, not PSED), what craft activity will be adult led each week, a focus area for the half term (one of the six AOL), and anything that might be relevant to ECM - usually visits or visitors, ie local police officer = keeping safe. This fits on 1 sheet A4.
    Short Term plan: Basically a slightly more detailed version of the relevant bit of the med term plan; again, a single sheet of A4. We have a 30 min reflective staff meeting at the end of each week, discussing what the children have played, any info from parents/colleagues/visitors, any child we have noticed something significant for (could be development, behaviour, health, achievements etc), and anything that needs to be factored in to the following week's planning. This reflection informs the planning for the following week.
    Each child has a planning/observation sheet for each half term where we look at where we think they might go/where we think they need additional support, and make a minimum of 2 to 3 observations (of child led/directed activities). Anything from this process that needs to be factored into the planning is discussed at weekly meeting.
    Can email you some egs if you'd like - just let me know your email address.
    K
    PS we got Outstanding in January this year, so what we do is definitely adequate!

5. hi kath, i would love to see an example of your observation sheet. always wanting to improve this area and make it easier to track children's progress. any examples of planning/observing children will be appreciated.

al-21@hotmail.co.uk

thanks in advance
    al

6. I'm in a similar situation. I will be moving from primary school into a new private day nursery and setting up their preschool room. Although I have lots of FS and KS1 experience, examples of planning will help me focus on what we could do.
    lhutchinson79@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

7. Am going to be starting in EY in September too. Will be a big change
    from KS2. [​IMG]
    Would love to see the planning format that you use and also
    the observation sheet. Please could I have a copy too. (victoria_novakovic@hotmail.com)
    Thank you.

8. Congrats on your outstanding!
    Would be really interested to see some of your planning. Could you e-mail me some examples, emmanuel5@tiscali.co.uk
    Wondered how you/ or anyone else tracks children's progress? We got asked to improve our tracking by Ofsted.
    Thanks

9. Wow outstanding well done.
    We just had ofsted and did ok but would love to see your planning as we could do with improving our planning and recording process, so I know it's cheeky but please can you send me a copy. Many many thanks deardebs@hotmail.com

10. I'm sorry to be a pain too, could I have a copy too please. To have examples from an outstanding foundation stage would be fantastic! katherine.berry8@gmail.com

Also, a good tracking format for tracking children's progress is a battle i'm constantly having with myself! Does anybody have any good examples?

Thank you!

11. would love to see some examples we are just in the process on evaluating ours and would love some new ideas
    my e-mail is sabrina.beck@live.co.uk
    thanks

12. Hi Kath

I am not sure if you will see this as it has been a while since you posted the above.
    I was just wondering if you were still willing to share your lesson plans and observation sheets, i am about to start as a Nursery teacher for the first time and am stressing a little as i am scared that my lesson plans are not covering all the key areas in the EYFS.
    If you are still able and willing, could you please send me a copy of your medium/long term plannings and observation sheets to charlied_04@hotmail.com.
    You would be saving me a lot of stress over the next few weeks while i am putting all my lesson plans together.
    thank you in advance
    Charlotte

13. I am starting in EYFS in September and I would also greatly appreciate examples of your planning, observations and anything else you feel would be relevant.

Thank you in advance :):)

My email address is becky.hartley@hotmail.co.uk

14. Hi
    Please could I have a copy too? I struggle with observations and planning in Nursery and worry about them lots!

Thankyou so much!
    Ann
    My email is annatcollyweston@yahoo.co.uk

15. Please could you share an example with me? I have gone the other way, a teacher in a school fs1/2 setting to private nursery, and I am already aware of huge differences in the way planning is done. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    shabbychic@hotmail.co.uk

16. Hi Kath,

You're planning sounds great would you be able to email some examples to me? Thanks in advance.
    Mia
    Mia4@btinternet.com

17. Hi
    I would love to have a few examples of your planning, I'm trying to encourage the pre school leader who i work closely with to change a few things and your way of planning would be one way we could do this.
    sl_houghton@hotmail.com

thank you x

18. Hi,
    I was wondering if you would be able to email me examples of your paperwork, I am struggling to get my head around the best way to plan and assess for individual children. My email address is kimjhardie@aol.com
    Well done on your 'outstanding', we are due an inspection soon....
    Thank you
    K

19. Hi Kath,
    I am currently looking for examples of long, medium and short term plans for my pre-school that we can adapt/adopt for ourselves as we want to change the way we have been planning. I read your post and am very interested in looking at some examples of yours if you would be willing to share. I would also be interested in seeing an example of your half termly individua childs planning/observation sheet.
    My email is salgaruk@yahoo.com.
    Kind regards
    sallyjd