1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-school Phonics Classes

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by jackiephonics, Feb 11, 2020.

1. jackiephonics

jackiephonics New commenter

I've been teaching pre-schoolers to read for the past 26 years. Parent-accompanied classes for age 2.5 years+, and independently-attended sessions for age 3.5 years+. All great fun methods and lots of original ideas and resources. It's been a fabulous job! I am now retiring, and am keen not to waste the years of development I've put into this small, very successful business.

Can anyone advise me of the best way to find a suitable person to take on this challenge?
    Many thanks.

misssunflower2 likes this.
  2. bramblesarah

bramblesarah Occasional commenter

I am assuming you are looking to sell this business?
    If not I friend of mine retired as a teacher and gave me lots of her resources for free. She just wanted all her years of hard work to continue to help children in the future and they have.

jackiephonics likes this.
  3. misssunflower2

misssunflower2 New commenter

Sounds like my dream job. I’ve looked into franchises that do phonics before but they’re all too pricey. I think if I ever did do phonics classes for pre-schoolers I’d just go it alone as I have QTS and more experience in EY now. Where are you based?