1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-School Learning Journey summary/tracking sheet

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Pinkette, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'm just trying to organise my Learning Journeys but am still missing the sheet at the front where I can mark off where the child has met a point on the EYFS. I need 22 - 60 months - which when I look at grids for each of the 6 areas, it's at least a page per area (in tiny writing!) which would take up quite a bit of room at the beginning of their books and isn't that easy to mark off when they've achieved something. How does everyone else keep track of when a child has achieved something? If anyone could email me their forms (even if they are lots of pages!) that would be fantastic.
    Many thanks!

2. Hi Kath
    Would it be possible for you to email me a copy of the tracking grid you use please? I'm in the process of looking at our system of doing things! Email address is- pinknursery@yahoo.co.uk
    Many thanks
    Anna

3. hi kath hope
    ofsted went ok- please could you email me a copy too for my preschool - sounds very useful margueriteksmith@yahoo.co.uk
    thanks x

4. Sorry to jump on the band wagon, but that sounds just what i'mk looking for, please can i have a copy too?
    joymillsy@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

5. Pow

Pow

Please could you send me a copy, I think this is just what we are looking for, thank you

6. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Hi
    Our LA has produced their own tracker which is a 2 x A3 page that we complete once a term in all EYFS settings. We just dot where the child is at that assessment date, so you can see at a glance whether your child is on track or not.
    Please remember the Development Matters was not introduced as a ticklist for achievement - it is there to help you plan effectively for the child's expected learning.
    If you would like to see a copy of our tracker, please leave your email address and I'll send you a copy + the instructions.

7. Pow

Pow

Please could you send me both trackers, thank you. I forgot my email last time! beryl.spence@sky.com

8. JO9832

JO9832 New commenter

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

Are we supposed to use the word achieved when discussing developmental milestones?

10. Is there any chance I could have copy of your trackers too?
    Thanks a million

KJSTORRS@HOTMAIL.COM

11. DCSF Publication "Progress Matters" (2009) has what you need. It has a CD-ROM that includes practical tools for tracking children's progress with additional links to othr examples. Try www.teachernet.gov.uk/publications for copies.

12. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

Would you please email me a copy of both if possible, thankyou very much
    sarah.b555@hotmail.co.uk

13. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Hi
    Our LA has categorically told us not to use Progress Matters as they found it too time consuming. They came up with their own tracker system which is very quick to use, and has all the instructions with it - see my earlier entry

14. I wish our LEA would say that, i spend most of my time ticking off and dating DM statements and I hate it. I feel like if a child breaths i have to note it down so i can tick off at least one statement! Could i please have a copy of what you use please vickiandsi@yahoo.co.uk.