1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pre release case study resources

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by thebusinessone, Dec 8, 2011.

1. thebusinessone

thebusinessone New commenter

Hi
    This is the first year that my department is delivering the OCR A293 exam. I have had a lot of mail through about preperation packages and was wondering if anyone has used these and if they are value for money? The Zig Zag one looks the best on paper but I would really appreciate any opinions on these, we have a small budget so I don't want to waste any valuable cash!

Many thanks
    The business one

2. thebusinessone

thebusinessone New commenter

Hi
    This is the first year that my department is delivering the OCR A293 exam. I have had a lot of mail through about preperation packages and was wondering if anyone has used these and if they are value for money? The Zig Zag one looks the best on paper but I would really appreciate any opinions on these, we have a small budget so I don't want to waste any valuable cash!

Many thanks
    The business one

3. ZigZag is rushed out within a matter of days. The previous lots I've used have been riddled with spelling errors, oversights etc... natural for something pumped out so quickly. I don't know how much it costs but I felt it was of little use to be honest, lazy teaching. "Throw the book at students and you can sleep soundly" sort of attitude.
    End of the day, it's nothing you couldn't do yourself. Tutor2U always have some fantastic free resources which are of excellent use.
    And get onto TWITTER. As soon as the pre-release is announced just save the search #BUSS4 That should be MORE than enough as it's crowd-sourced material and links from students, teachers, organisations and education-resource businesses. We did this last year for CSR and we had far TOO MUCH material! :)
    Edit- Just noticed you said AQA. Same difference. Tutor2U have resources available for AQA Business Studies and I'm sure Twitter will yield bounties too!

4. JonStokes

JonStokes New commenter

APT initiatives is excellent, we have been using them for years and really helps students especially then independent students who will read and absorb themselves.
    Fairly cheap too at about £45 i think.
    Jon

5. I have used the zig-zag and although there are some errors and gaps, I would say it is good value for money; considering the time savings it allows - I always add to the pack with my own questions, concepts and search for extras on the web. But this is a good starting point and especially good if you have any students on early study leave/illness etc. You ca preview the pack on the website and get a good feel for the content before you order; as with the controlled assessment pack.
    Debs

6. Hiyah
    The revisionstation resource disk is now available for a bargain £10 which includes postage. Disk has lots of resources for the A293 case study which includes worksheets, homeworks, display materials and calculation exam questions. All in the spirit of good value and not re-inventing the wheel. Please drop into the site or see the sample I have put on the TES resources (search for A&W).
    http://www.revisionstation.co.uk/
    Regards
    Sarah