1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-moderation

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by itsasecret, Jun 2, 2011.

1. I'm setting up a new thread, as when I hit reply on the headline one it comes up URL not recognised.
    Why such an arbitrary date chosen? I have been an active member of one thread for well over a year, but am now being pre-moderated as I don't meet the cut off date. I'm sure this will also be true of other posters.
    I understand that there were some really horrible posts added recently, and can see the point of pre-mod for new posters, but some common sense based on the newness of the poster/number of posts made would surely be sensible.

2. I'm setting up a new thread, as when I hit reply on the headline one it comes up URL not recognised.
    Why such an arbitrary date chosen? I have been an active member of one thread for well over a year, but am now being pre-moderated as I don't meet the cut off date. I'm sure this will also be true of other posters.
    I understand that there were some really horrible posts added recently, and can see the point of pre-mod for new posters, but some common sense based on the newness of the poster/number of posts made would surely be sensible.

3. I saw that and thought how rediculoud. I joined the day before that cut off date and haven't posted anywhere near as many times as you. How does that make my posts less likely to need moderating??? (meant in the nicest possible way of course)
    Surely it would be better for it just to be newer members or just members with a lower poast count.

4. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

Are you a POAS-aholic - past or present? [​IMG]

5. violingirl

violingirl New commenter

I am not clear about the cut off date or the number of posts thing, but I am very glad to see something has been done about that tasteless and offensive post I saw and complained about yesterday. If you saw it, you would know which one.

6. Totally agree Violingirl, I complained too.

7. At the risk of sounding stupid what does it actually mean?

8. It means something incredibly annoying.

9. And taken in that context Omega.
    Woo - quite agree the post was awful, and very upsetting (esp for those of us on the infertility or TTC threads), and quite right to do something to stop it.
    Just thought the cut off date was a weird choice! Not too bad a problem during working hours when posts get moderated quite quickly, but I get pre-modded on personal and on an evening/weekend it can be hours before the post comes through. Not ideal for a user with a proven history.
    TES - any comments?

10. Def present!!! [​IMG]

I do agree that something should be done. I didn't see the post yesterday, but there have been a few over the past year that have been thoughtless and insenstative. Ones that people have been hurt / upset by. Def hope that it makes this place a happier and safer place to get the support we need.

11. It's a great Freudian slip though!
    Guessing they've stopped pre-moderating me on here by the speed of the last posting. Hope others get cleared as quickly.

12. It is good new posters are premoderated- that post last night was in incredibly poor taste, and I am sure many people complained.... I guess they have to start somewhere- and I am pleased they have taken action. But, it is a strange date to start pre-mod, maybe it is the same date they use on personal.