1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pre-moderation

Discussion in 'Personal' started by fincop, Feb 18, 2010.

1. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

all this will do is create a behaviour change until they get through or they may sail close to the wind without breaking T+C's

2. I expected to be approved by now with my fairly innocuous new post

If I were a real new poster I would have given up by now

3. 4

Posted by:
    JustTesting 18/02/2010 at 23:05

Joined on
    18/02/2010

Report abuse

So how does it work?

You were approved and it was posted 12 hours ago.

4. ooooo thanks

they said that they would email me

and they did not no message or anything
    how would I have actually known

5. And it posted at the time that I posted it in terms of its position on the thread I wonder what time it actually appeared ... it was not there when I went to bed

6. Ah I didn't realise that they said they would email you. I had seen your message ages ago and wondered why you hadn't.
    Sorry if I was a bit short earlier, the aftermath of trying to persuade my 3 year old to talk to her Dad.

7. darkness

darkness New commenter

The funny thing is, if they then post it much later and slot it into the thread at the time the poster originally wanted it posted, the post would essentially be lost as pages might have gone by in the debate.

Oh the lost people, wandering the desert.

cissy3 likes this.
  8. lost, yes but otherwise it would not make sense

9. JustTesting is a 'new' poster who has been here before.

10. darkness

darkness New commenter

A bit messy really, but, if it rids the trolls then so be it. I sit and wait to see the results. Is there a statistician here keeping count and pulling together a graph with the findings?

As to the Opera Browser, I think we were talking about it here, well I was, airy is right, it works every where else bar here. All I ask is someone tested the site first. The fact now the same issues happen with 2 other browsers is not great really. And there was no sign there is even going to be attempts to fix it. I mean really, how long ago did the new site come on line? 2 years this year?

God, 2 years already. WOW

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I read it about 10 minutes after the time stamp on it. And there were several other posts after it at that time, so I'm guessing it appeared immediately.

12. I am very pleased it has happened.
    No longer do I have to do the forum equivalent of walking through my chavvy area - check for dogturds, which appear with such regular monotony, that I have no time to enjoy the view.
    How lovely to open threads with confidence.
    Thank you moderators.

13. Plenty of forums have pre-mod and it doesn't put new posters off. I see no reason why it would here - and it will probably make it much easier for new posters anyway.

14. I might be tempted back

15. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

It would seem they can still star-rate threads though?

16. Can they? I have forgotten how to check who has rated. I have probably rated myself by mistake.

17. Thanks, Mods [​IMG]

18. Yes Genabi, it is me that was the point

19. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

Thank you from me too.xx [​IMG]

20. I must have missed it

As I said I thought I was waiting for an email

Do not get me wrong, I think it is a great idea .... I just wonder how it is going to work in principle and I wonder why it is limited to Personal, is this a start or a definitive decision