1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pre-moderation

Discussion in 'Personal' started by fincop, Feb 18, 2010.

1. thanks

2. Me too.

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

4. So how does it work?

5. darkness

darkness New commenter

I am ungrateful so no thanks from me, plus you peeved me off a but with the reply to the OPERA browser thing. You could have told me that the first time rather than have me send countless print screen shots.

So no thanks from me

signed

one peeved ungrateful little s od.

6. Opera is a bit rough, I gave up on it years ago, mozilla is the way to go.

7. darkness

darkness New commenter

Opera is far better, Mozilla is slow. Also apparently TES does not work with and has the same issues with google chrome and safari apparently.

8. Mozilla is quick on my pc. It does all it needs to do and quick enough. Not doing what you want but quickly is a poor compromise.

9. Opera is fast and it does everything I want everywhere but here. Even here, all I lose out on is the toolbar in a post reply. The speed it loads pages at is FAAAAAAAR more important.

10. Oops, meant to say, Hurrah for any tightening up of moderation.

11. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Well done Mods
    I gave up on Opera and TES a while back - I have gone back to IE8

12. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

I think the Pre-mod will have some effect but genuine new posters will not bother getting involved because TES is a moving forum and who cares what you said 15 minutes ago? However something had to be done.

13. Thank you mods!

14. It sounds like a sensible solution to me. Thank you...................Smudgie xxxxxx

15. Thank you!

Hopefully it will be OK for real newbies and might be enough of a delay to stuff the trolls back under their beds!

16. I'm gaining in confidence. Which might not be such a good idea.[​IMG]
    Thanks

17. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

i notice the star rating system isn't yet pre-moderated .....

18. What does pre-moderated actually mean? Does it mean thet new posters will just be closely monitored?

19. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

No any post they make will be held for checking (if not nice, not published)

20. Oh, I see. Thanks.