1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pre employment checks dear theo et al!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Mariecapper, May 30, 2012.

1. Mariecapper

Mariecapper New commenter

Hi all,
    I assume my head must have already given my reference last Monday prior to my interview and job offer last Thursday as she told me Monday she had been asked.
    Are other Pre employment checks things like crb, qts date achieved, degree certificates?
    I've seen my post advertised today and I have been assured my offer letter is on its way, they're still deciding which year group I'm going in.
    I'm just a bit nervy that's all because my head hasn't spoken to me since I told her I was leaving!

2. Mariecapper

Hi all,
    I assume my head must have already given my reference last Monday prior to my interview and job offer last Thursday as she told me Monday she had been asked.
    Are other Pre employment checks things like crb, qts date achieved, degree certificates?
    I've seen my post advertised today and I have been assured my offer letter is on its way, they're still deciding which year group I'm going in.
    I'm just a bit nervy that's all because my head hasn't spoken to me since I told her I was leaving!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Not CRB before the offer letter - it takes ages to come through. Probably just references at this stage, although the letter may say subject to CRB and health.
    Best wishes

4. Mariecapper

Health checks? Does this involve blood tests or something? I'm terrified of needles!
    I just hope my references are ok as my head hasn't spoken to me since I told her I was leaving and she has now advertised my job!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No!
    Panic over . . .
    Normally just a questionnaire, nothing much.
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes